Saturday 31 August 2019

Summer Ends - My Favourite Season Begins!

So as of tomorrow, it's the end of Summer.  Autumn right around the corner (well, it will be if climate change hasn't gotten that bad yet!).  Which means it's time for me to dust this off again; cue the music!

"TWO MORE MONTHS TILL HALLOWEEN!
"HALLOWEEN!
"HALLOWEEN!
"TWO MORE MONTHS TILL HALLOWEEN!
"SILVER SHAMROCK!"

Oh yes!  I've often tormented people on my social media profiles with a full Halloween countdown over previous years, so it's time to do so again!  This time I thought I'd do something a bit more substantial and have proper blog posts on here to go with the sort of links I repost for the Spoopy Season.  I'll be having posts on here about horror films, naturally, but also my Trailer of the Week posts will link in, I'll share some on theme podcasts that I like, extra articles, all kinds of Halloween related material.  Oh, and of course my October Horror Movie Challenge is coming up again, so there'll be details on that, including a special extra twist I'm doing with the fundraising this year.

One thing I should mention; I am aware that there is something else pretty important currently slated to happen October 31st (and like most of you I really, really hope that it doesn't), so I was in two minds whether or not to do the countdown this year.  I came to the conclusion though that I refuse to let The Johnson's actions ruin a favourite day of the year, and whilst we all unite in the good fight against this Tory idiocy (sign the petition if you haven't already, or join in the protests!), we'll need something to keep our spirits up.  Halloween is all about looking at things that should scare us, and deciding to have fun with them instead; it's all about overcoming fear, so let's do that this year.

So look forward to a whole bunch of extra spooky content on here the next few weeks.  Just to kick us off, here are a couple of great little horror movie montages I always enjoy sharing around the Halloween season; enjoy!


No comments: